Thursday, September 30, 2010

When In Doubt, Wear A Little Grey Dress


On my way home last night, I started thinking about what I would wear today.  I was so happy with my outfit yesterday that I wanted to wear a similar one today.  So, when I got home last night, I put together a similar outfit:  A different jumper dress, a different (and shorter) tie, different shoes, and I swapped out the shrunken jacket for a cropped sweater.  Then, for reasons that I can't explain, I started trying on other outfits.  (Well, maybe, I can explain why I started trying on other outfits.  It had something to do with the possibility of my going to the opening of a photography exhibit tonight.)  In any event, at the end of the day, I had a couple of possibilities for today, but I decided not to decide which of the possible outfits I would wear today.  I decided to let my mood in the morning dictate my choice.  And, it did.


Many women have a stash of "little black dresses" that they reach for when all else fails or they aren't feeling up to being creative.  Me, I have a stash of "little grey dresses".  This morning I felt, let's just say it, "icky".  So a "little grey dress" it was.  (As an aside, I don't have a stash of "little grey dresses" (or "little black dresses," for that matter) for Spring or Summer.  My stash of "little grey dresses" is definitely for Fall/Winter.  I am not sure what that means.)


I am wearing an old H&M dress, with a pin from my jewellery box, an old H&M sweater and an H&M scarf.  My tights are from my sock drawer and my shoes are by Fluevog.

No comments: