Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Yahoo! It's Wellie Weather Time Again!


You know how some people are about their Uggs?  How they are like the bedroom slippers that can be worn outdoors?  Well, that's how I am about my wellies.  So, naturally, I get excited when Fall arrives and Fall rain comes, because I can pull out my wellies and, if it suits me, wear them pretty much until Summer returns the following year.  All I can say is, "Yay!".


The other thing about the arrival of Fall is that I get to wear all of my (what I call) "English countryside" clothing: my quilted vests and jackets, my barn jackets, my Canoe green raincoat and my Canoe green rain poncho.  Once again, "Yay!"


A brief update on the planned outfit inspired by the twenty-seven names Fall/Winter 2011 collection:  I tried out a portion of it yesterday and I think it will work.  Tomorrow is the day planned for the outfit.  Fingers crossed!


I am wearing an old Gap blouse, an old Mango jumper dress, an old Lucky Brand sweater, an old Gap quilted vest and an old Gap scarf.  My tights and socks are from my sock drawer and my wellies are old Hunters.

No comments: