Monday, September 27, 2010

Clean-Up


Maybe because of my experience on Saturday, of being unable to locate a beloved dress, or maybe because of my realization that I have a warbrobe that is in circulation and a warbrobe that is in reserve, or maybe because of both the experience and the realization, yesterday, I started on a major clean-up and paring down of my entire wardrobe.  Yesterday, several garbage bags of clothes got consigned to the charity bin, and I am just starting.  I must say that, as much as I love acquiring new clothing, paring a wardrobe down to what I actually love and wear is very liberating.


So, for the first time last week, I entered one of those "give aways" that blogs that are sponsored do.  I am very discerning when it comes to entering "give aways", contests or draws:  Basically, I will only enter when the "prize" is something that I truly want and would use/wear.  Of course, I have never ever won anything.  So it really came as no surprise to me when I found out that I didn't get the give away from last week.  Maybe I didn't get it because I didn't really want it:  If I had wanted it, I would be purchasing it right now, but I am not, so I must not have really wanted it.


I am planning an outfit for later this week inspired by the twenty-seven names Fall/Winter 2011 collection.  I say this with some trepidation, because planning something to wear usually ends with a disastrous, unwearable, leaving me feeling awful outfit.  Let's see what happens.


Does anyone else remove shoulder pads from jackets?  Maybe it isn't an advisable thing to do, but I do it regularly, not with every jacket that I acquire, but with more than not.  I can't say exactly what my aversion to shoulder pads is, but there is definitely an aversion there.


I am wearing a flannel blouse from Urban Outfitters, an old jumper dress, a sweater from LLBean, an old quilted vest from the Gap and an old scarf.  My bow is a belt from an old Anthropologie dress, my socks are from my sock drawer and my boots are old Fluevogs (although still available for sale from Fluevog).

No comments: