Friday, August 27, 2010

Vagabond Chic

Yesterday, while trolling the blogosphere for new (to me) personal style blogs, I came across some photos from a fashion editorial in the April 2010 issue of Fudge, a Japanese fashion magazine (for girls, according to its website).  I first came across the photos on Rosemud, where they were sourced from Clever Nettle.  According to Clever Nettle, the editorial was titled "Wandering Trip" (featuring new American traditional clothing by Ralph Lauren).  Immediately after seeing the Ralph Lauren Spring/Summer 2010 ready-to-wear collection, I put it in my inspiration book.  Early in Spring, I styled an outfit based on the collection (click here to see it).  The fashion editorial from Fudge reminded me of the collection.  In fact, I could say that the editorial really brought the collection to life for me.  It really made me fall in love (again) with vagabond chic.  I say "again" because reviewing my ever growing inspiration books/files -- which I have been keeping since I left high school -- I note that vagabond chic -- or street urchin style -- or hobo chic -- has been a recurring theme since time immemorial, i.e., since I started keeping an inspiration book/file.  In any event, here are the photos from the editorial.






No comments: