Thursday, August 5, 2010

Transitioning Away From Blue


I have noticed that I have been wearing a lot of blue outfits lately, which I find kind of strange because blue has never been a favourite colour of mine for clothes.  Today, I did not wear blue.  I would like to say that with today's outfit choice I am consciously transitioning away from wearing blue, but I can't say this.  At best I could say that with today's outfit I am unconsciously transitioning away from wearing blue.


Yesterday, I had an unpleasant experience on the streetcar on my way home.  This experience had a number of consequences, including a resolve to wear a skirt or dress today that fell past my knees.  (The other consequences included a reminder never to sit at the back of the streetcar and the realization that it isn't easy being a woman ... still.)  So, yesterday, when I got home, I started thinking about what I might wear today.  I picked out two dresses, each of which fell past my knees, and this jumper.  (Curiously, none of the three items of clothing was blue -- hence my earlier statement that I might be unconsciously transitioning away from wearing blue.)  This morning, when I woke up, I wasn't feeling all that great.  Both dresses that I had selected for potential wear were belted, and the last thing that I wanted today was to feel bound in any way.  In addition, one of the dresses was intended to be worn with shoes that would have been ruined if the rain forecast for today had materialized.  That then left the jumper.  So I put it on.


I know that most bloggers are starting to write about Fall clothes, and you would think that, with my love of all things Fall, I would be chomping at the bit to do so as well.  However, today, for the first time since the official arrival of Summer, I felt like it was Summer.  This means that I left the house without a sweater/jacket security blanket and felt quite liberated in being outside in just my blouse/jumper outfit.  I want to revel in this feeling for a while. I am no where near ready to even start thinking about what I might be wearing (let's be realistic) come October.  At least that's the situation today.


blouse: vintage, from Sally Jane Vintage on Etsy
jumper: vintage, from Sally Jane Vintage on Etsy
socks: Hue
boots: Frye
bag: H&M

P.S.  I missed out on buying a really cute plaid dress from Sally Jane Vintage.  I am disappointed, but not so disappointed.  I am sure something just as cute, or even cuter, will come along, if not in the Sally Jane Vintage shop then somewhere else.

No comments: