Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Many Faces Of Plaid, Much Better, And A Real Life Hype


This morning, at a loss for what to wear, I decided to wear a dress that I had worn about two months ago.  I wasn't particularly happy with how I had styled the dress two months ago, so I thought I would style it differently this time around.  I had an idea of how I might style the dress different from before, but that idea wasn't working out too well this morning.  I finally settled on what you see here.  In my books, better styling than before.

While I was trying to figure out how to style the dress, it occurred to me in how many different ways plaid (and tartan) clothing can be styled.  In my case, I wear plaid (and tartan) clothing in a school girl way, in a western way and in a girl's guide to hunting and fishing way.  Is that weird that plaid has so many faces?


What I am about to say will only make sense if you know that I post on LOOKBOOK.nu, where your looks are hyped.  I got a "real life hype" for my look yesterday.  A "real life hype" is a complement paid by a person in the flesh (usually a stranger) on my look or an element of my look.  It is really nice getting a "real life hype".  Of course, every once in a while, I get the opposite of a "real life hype".  In that situation, the person's taste in clothing obviously doesn't match my own, but the person can't just leave it at that and feels the need to belittle the way I have elected to express myself.  I both understand and don't understand why anyone would do this.


jacket: JCrew, from my closet
dress: vintage, from Leproust Vintage on Etsy
socks: ?, from my sock drawer
shoes: Fluevog, from my closet
bag: H&M, from my accessories collection

P.S. Sadly, the days are getting shorter.  While I may now be looking forward to dressing for Fall, I am not looking forward to losing the opportunity to take my outfit photos outdoors.  It may be back to my "wardrobe" for taking photos sooner that I want!

No comments: