Sunday, August 1, 2010

Revisiting San Francisco


Today's outfit was one that I had planned on wearing while in San Francisco.  This was not one of the planned outfits that I ended up wearing.


After at least a month of walking past the American Apparel store and coveting a petticoat, I finally caved and bought it (along with some lace bloomers).  I want to figure out a way of wearing the petticoat along the lines of some of the looks from the Marc Jacobs 2010 Spring/Summer ready-to-wear collection.  Let's see what I am able to come up with.  Someone from work happened to be in the store when I was purchasing the petticoat.  She asked if it was something that she would see at work.  My immediate response was that I didn't think so.  It would be neat if I could wear an outfit with a petticoat to work, but I know that I can't.

Along with the petticoat (and the bloomers), I bought some other neat things at American Apparel.  American Apparel hasn't always been my cup of tea, but, lately, it has been producing some (what I can only call) "preppy" clothes, which seem to fit into my wardrobe well.  I may wear some of my American Apparel purchases (but not the petticoat) soon.

I took all (yes, all) of my glasses to the optician this past week, so that I could have my new prescription lenses put into them.  I am looking forward to having them back.  I had stopped wearing my glasses because the prescription that was in most of them wasn't working for me.  With the new prescription, I will be able to wear them again.  I am very excited about this.  Until a couple of years ago, wearing glasses was part of my signature look.


Notwithstanding my new acquisitions from American Apparel and the fact that I will soon be able to wear glasses again, I can't say why, but I am feeling a bit sad about clothes today.


scarf: Zara, from my accessories collection
tshirt: Old Navy, boys
dress: H&M
socks: ?, from my sock drawer
boots: army surplus store, from my closet

No comments: