Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Daydreams In Blue Chambray


It might be said that I am in a style rut, having done at least four variations on today's outfit (including today's variation).  However, being in a rut suggests to me some unhappiness or displeasure.  I am in no way unhappy or displeased about my present style;  in fact, I am overjoyed with it.  So I don't think that I am in a style rut.



I actually researched chambray (very quickly) to find out how close it is to denim.  At stake was whether with my blue chambray outfit I was breaching a workplace dress code that forbids the wearing of denim except on charity Fridays.  What I found out (what I am sure everyone else knows) is that chambray, while "historically" paired with denim (at least in the United States), isn't denim.  So I remain on the right side of the workplace dress code with today's blue chambray outfit.


What else?  The beloved sailor jacket did go to the office with me today.  However, I only wore it once, while attending a meeting in a very cold (brrrrrrrr) boardroom.


shirt: American Apparel
tie: fabric belt from an Anthropologie dress
vest: American Apparel
skirt: American Apparel
jacket: JCrew, from my closet
socks: ?, from my sock drawer
shoes: Fluevog, from my closet

No comments: