Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Many Shades Of Yellow


I felt distinctly Marc Jacobs today, circa Fall/Winter 2010.  This can be attributed to the wide, flowing skirt on the dress that I wore, as well as to the pointed flats that I wore (with socks).  The cinched in waist (as cinched in as I feel comfortable with) and the fitted, cropped sweater didn't hurt matters.


Notwithstanding how I felt today, my look today was not inspired by Marc Jacobs, circa Fall/Winter 2010.  I have, in fact, been wearing a variation of today's outfit for the past couple of Summers.  I honestly cannot remember what inspired the outfit in the first place.  But whatever it was, it could not have been the Marc Jacobs Fall/Winter 2010 ready-to-wear collection; it just didn't exist at that point.




In the past, when I have worn this dress, I have accentuated it with red -- red belt, red socks, red sweater.  I think that this may be the first time that I have worn the dress in a monochromatic way.


Can I just confess that, for about five seconds this morning, while knowing that it was feeling about 30 degrees celsius outside, I actually thought forward several months to when I will be wearing a parka and the thought made me smile?  Maybe I will remind myself of this moment when several months from now I will be wearing a parka and definitely not smiling about it (although, right now, that is hard to imagine)!




sweater: Club Monaco, from my closet
dress: H&M, from my closet
belt: ?, from my accessories collection
socks: ?, from my sock drawer
shoes: Fluevog, from my closet
bag: ?, from my accessories collection

P.S. How old does something have to be before it can be called "vintage"?  Ten years?  Twenty years?

No comments: