Friday, August 20, 2010

Bluebells



I am not at all clear as to why this may be, but when I put on the outfit that I wore today, the first thought that popped into my head was, "Bluebells".  Now, as I write this, I can't help but think about the Rorschach inkblot test and what might be made of my free association.  What exactly is the connection between the outfit and bluebells, other than the obvious, namely, the colour blue.  Clearly, I am taking style to a whole other level.  Or am I?  Isn't style about the expression of self?  And doesn't psychology factor into self expression?  Whatever may be the case, this line of discussion is probably a bit much for a Friday!


Someone told me today that they really liked me in navy.



I have been wearing a lot of blue lately, which, if I give it any amount of thought, is really odd for me, because I have never been a fan of blue, particularly navy.  But here I am, wearing endless amounts of blue, with no end to this personal trend in sight.  What on earth could be driving this?  Is it the hair colour?  Is it my affinity for all things school related?  Is it my glasses?


jacket: JCrew
shirt: American Apparel
sweater vest: American Apparel
bow: fabric belt from an Anthropologie dress
jeans: Old Navy, mens
socks: Hue
shoes: Frye

P.S.  Oh me, oh my!  I think this may be one of the rare instances in which all my clothing is new, purchased in the current season.

No comments: