Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Duffle Coats


One of my favourite style of coat is the duffle coat.  I own a variety of duffle coats: cropped, mid-length, and long.  Yesterday, while I was downloading photos of yesterday's outfit, which just happened to include a cropped duffle coat, I was perusing a fashion mag when I happened upon an article about duffle coats.  The article was December's instalment of a regular feature in the fashion mag:  the writer takes a trend and tries it out.  December's trend was the duffle coat.  After trying a duffle coat sized for her, then trying her 12 year old son's duffle coat, the writer concluded that duffle coats, least of all duffle coats that are appropriately sized for the wearer, are not sexy.  I think she likened wearing a duffle coat to wearing a box.  Interesting perspective.  As I said at the outset, one of my favourite style of coat is the duffle coat.


Speaking of trends, I decided to give the camel colour trend another go today, not consciously though.  I wanted to start wearing the skirt that I wore today and, with the limited time that I had to style it, I couldn't come up with anything satisfactory that didn't highlight the colour camel.  So I went with it.


I am wearing an old shirt from the Gap, a tie from Urban Outfitters, a vintage sweater and a vintage skirt.  My socks are old from H&M and my boots are old by Fluevog.  I am wearing an old duffle coat from Old Navy and an old scarf.

No comments: