Saturday, November 6, 2010

Friday: Simply Unremarkable



Some days must just not be memorable when it comes to clothes.  And I am not talking about what others might think of one's clothes but what one oneself might think of one's clothes.  Today was one of these days.  This is in part because I, more or less, rewore the outfit that I wore this past Sunday (the shirt and tie are new).  But it is also because the outfit just isn't remarkable to me -- it is just plain to me.  Wearing an outfit that isn't memorable does not, however, mean that it was a "wardrobe failure" for me.  Sometimes it may be a wardrobe failure.  But sometimes it may still be a "wardrobe success".  Today's outfit, although completely unremarkable, was, nonetheless, a wardrobe success ... for me!



I am about to embark on an interesting clothing endeavour:  I am going to try knitting socks.  A colleague just gave me what they claim is an easy pattern for socks.  With my limited experience of reading patterns, I can say that it looks like a simple pattern, but I do only have limited experience with knitting patterns.  Whether it turns out to be easy or not, I am very excited about the prospect of knitting socks.



I am going to make a confession:  I want to be a JCrew woman!  Really!  Not all of the time, but every once in a while.  Whenever I wear a sweater hoodie, it's an expression of this wish.  Of course I know that I could never be a JCrew woman, but I can always dream dreams.

I am wearing an old shirt from H&M, an old tie from the Gap, an old sweater hoodie from the Gap, a salt and pepper tweed skirt from an off-price store, un-sweatpants by Roots, a peacoat from Old Navy and old fingerless gloves from American Apparel.  My socks are old from an off-price store and my boots are by Bogs.

No comments: