Wednesday, April 11, 2012

down the winding road jumper dress








the look:

shirt and skirt - old gap
jumper dress - lands end
cardi and jacket - old anthropologie
coat - old kensie
tie, scarf and hand warmers - h&m
beret - old american apparel
boots - marsell

the tale:

all that grey and black must have been getting to me.  when i woke up this morning, i instinctively reached for colour.  a muted colour, mind, but still colour.  i am glad that i waited for the colour to come back instinctively.  had i pushed colour back into my wardrobe, i am sure that i would not have enjoyed putting on colour as much as i did this morning.  although i am not sure how long the colour will be around ... on this occasion -- perhaps, today will be it -- i do think that colour will continue to be part of my wardrobe.  can i call colour one of those enduring elements of my wardrobe?  i am not sure.  (but since i am on the subject of enduring elements, i am pretty sure that pleats and plaids are two enduring elements of my wardrobe.)  whatever colour turns out to be in my wardrobe ... enduring or transient ... i enjoyed it today.

No comments: