Saturday, September 10, 2011

An Old Cropped Sweater





Today, I went clothes shopping, something that I haven't done in a while.  I must say that I was rather proud of myself for not buying anything that I already have.  While browsing my usual shops, it occurred to me how entranced I can get by new versions of pieces that I already have.  I don't imagine that I am alone in this.  Today, every time that I was tempted to buy a new version of a piece that I already have, I critically examined the new piece, and, in my mind, the piece already in my closet, including how similar the two pieces were, and decided against purchasing the new piece.  I did come away with a few things:  a grey wool skirt (hitting at mid calf), a pair of cream wool scalloped edge shorts and several pairs of woolly tights (one can never have too many pairs of woolly tights when one lives in a place where the winters are cold and last at least six months).  I had a jolly old time!

I am wearing an old Gap sweater, old Fletcher by Lyell shorts and a Gap jacket.  On my feet are Fluevogs and on my head is a cotton knit beret from American Apparel.  I am carrying and old souvenir bag.

No comments: