Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ode To Golf Cropped Trouser








Yesterday, I was shopping in one of my favourite import shops -- where I got all those bubble jumper dresses that I have been favouring of late.  I got a few things (including the cropped pants that I wore today).  As the clerk was wrapping up my purchases, she commented on all the lovely, non-black, Fall-coloured clothing that I had purchased.  She went on to say that she was trying to branch out from buying black clothes.  (A funny thing to say, I thought, as I was wearing head to toe black yesterday.  Or, perhaps, that is why she said it:  I was wearing all black but wasn't buying anything black.)  She went on to say that she had started to buy some grey clothes, as she adored grey.  Unfortunately, her partner also loved grey, which led to them appearing together both dressed in grey on many occasions, attracting such questions as whether they had planned to look alike.  I thought about this for a moment.  Then I remarked how strange it was that when two or more people in a group wear all black, no one thinks to ask them if they had planned it.  Why is that?

I am wearing an old H&M shirt with an old Gap tie, a cardigan from Lands End Canvas and cotton twill cropped balloon trousers from a local import shop.  An old silk/wool blend scarf is wrapped around my neck and an old cotton newsboy cap sits atop my head.  My ankle boots are old Fluevogs.  I am carrying an old Roots cotton canvas satchel.

No comments: