Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Not The Ruby Red Slippers Shoes





As soon as I get inspired to start dressing in a different way, the weather abruptly changes, in a way that makes it near to impossible to start dressing in that different way.  For example, yesterday, I got inspired to start wearing some of my maxi dresses (as an aside, I hate that description of long dresses -- maxi dresses -- yuck!), styled up appropriately for Fall.  Of course, today, it starts raining, and it doesn't look like the rain is going to let up for several days.  I am not sure that maxi dresses mix with rain -- too prone to getting water logged from the hem up.  So any desire I may have had to wear my maxi dresses will have to be put on hold, until the rain lets up.  I certainly hope that that is sooner rather than later.  Otherwise the desire to wear maxi dresses may pass and I may move on to something else.  While I am on the subject of being inspired to dress differently, it occurred to me this morning that, as soon as it becomes so cold that I have no choice but to wear tights, I will probably give up wearing anything long (or longish) in favour of short lengths.  So much more comfortable with tights.

I am wearing an old Old Navy shirt with an old Gap tie, a jumper dress from a local arts and crafts import shop, an old Preloved shawl collar cardigan and an old silk/wool blend scarf.  My oxfords are Fluevogs.  I am wearing an old Nine West cloche hat.  I am carrying an old Roots cotton canvas satchel.

No comments: