Saturday, February 4, 2012

Doric Column Skirt







The look:

shirt and vest - American Apparel
dress - Joe Fresh
skirt - old American Apparel
jewels - Olderman
beret - old
coat - old UO
scarf - old H&M
gloves - H&M
boots - old

The tale:

Today is going to be one of those days when I spew out random thoughts:  One:  Today was the first wearing of the necklace.  I fell in love with this piece the moment I saw it and I didn't hesitate a moment before grabbing it.  I haven't worn it before today, but that had nothing to do with how I feel about it.  Two:  As I was putting on the necklace this morning, it occurred to me that this was the second day in a row that I was going to wear a necklace.  A rare occurrence.  I am not a big necklace person.  Three:  I have an uncanny desire to buy some gold painted skinny jeans.  Three:  Today, I bought what I think is the sweetest black jumper dress at the Gap.  Its making me forget about the green dress that I saw in the JCrew catalogue and thought that I would really like to have.  Four: Yesterday I learned (and subsequently confirmed) that Coach has remade its classic Willis bag.  I like it.  A lot.  Five:  I give.  I really like wearing black clothing again.  Its much more interesting now, than when I used to wear black clothing, to wear black clothing.  There are so many different textures to play with.  Six:  I wish that it didn't physically hurt me to wear heels.  And, seven:  I wish that the cable knit pullover available at American Apparel was available in black.

No comments: