Friday, July 2, 2010

Made Over And Rituals

Whenever I get my hair done (cut, coloured or whatever), I always feel made over, no matter how little (or how much) of a change there is in between the before and after.  Creating new looks with clothes, if not shopping for new looks, after a visit to my awesome hairstylist has become a ritual.  On the occasion of yesterday's "makeover", I purchased some white shoes.  They are "oxford style" shoes with a heel.  I almost (almost) walked away from the shoes.  I am so ecstatic that I didn't.  I love the shoes, and I have already planned some outfits that (at least in my estimation) will only work with the shoes.

Speaking of other outfits, I was completely stunned today when I found (and bought) a romper.  I know that rompers are quite the trend this Summer, but I never, not even in my wildest dreams, pictured myself wearing one.  Not because I have anything against rompers, but because I just didn't think that there would exist a romper that I could wear.  But there it was, today, the perfect romper for me, and, now, it is mine.  It  is in a solid blue (almost navy but not quite) colour with some ivory ribbon detailing.  It has a bit of a sailor feel to it.  It reminds me of the blue gym suits worn by girls in the 50s and 60s.  I just love it.  And it will work with the shoes that I bought to mark the occasion of getting my hair done, which shoes, did I mention, I also love.

Wow!  I am really overflowing with love today!

No comments: