Sunday, July 18, 2021

seventy weeks at home








today is the last day of seventy weeks of "living" at home. very little and so much has happened in that time. there are friends (and colleagues) i haven't seen or spoken to in person. i have logged countless hours in zoom meetings. i haven't been in the office for (what will soon be) a year. i have been given an award (i am still waiting for the statue to arrive -- certain things aren't easily accomplished during a pandemic, engraving being one of them -- but that's okay). i haven't trained with anyone in person. in fact, i haven't trained outside my home. my dumbbell collection has grown -- slowly, since i have been competing with many others for them. places that used to be like second homes to me have vanished. i haven't been to a theatre, any kind of theatre. i haven't seen a live performance. i haven't eaten out -- where someone other than me has prepared and served the meal. i haven't been to a gallery or museum. i haven't been to a craft show or sale. i haven't been to a fair. i haven't been clothes shopping in a bricks and mortar sense -- i haven't touched or tried on clothes before purchasing them. i have sorted through all my worldly possessions and parted company with well over half of them -- i think my home breathes more easily now. i have moved the furniture in my tiny apartment many times. i have broken furniture (and lamps and faucets) -- not intentionally of course. i have watched fictional tv series from around the world (korea, france, norway, sweden, finland, iceland, turkey, brazil, italy, scotland, wales, to name a few). i have started studying a few things -- acting, fashion illustration. i have tried to keep the creative sparks from extinguishing. something a bit different for the blog today. i have often described living in my little jewel box apartment as living in a walk-in closet -- i don't think that any part of it escapes my love of clothing, footwear and accessories. so, today, on the last day of seventy weeks of being on very close terms with it, i offer a peek at my walk-in closet. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful floors. I'm living in a small cottage by the sea in the Scottish Highlands and have no storage space. But you've inspired me - why try to hide things away in cupboards? Get some nice, matching boxes and start stacking! ☺️

theoldvicarage said...

Love your round bags!!

wardrobetales said...

i will confess that those round bags (some of which i almost walked away from) are my favourites.

Unknown said...

Love your home pictures, it really suits you and your endearing and stylish, curiously quirky fashion snaps...

Unknown said...

Hi there. I don't know where U live but I live in Toronto, Ontario. I absolutely adore all of your clothes. I am a huge kaliyana fan and was wondering if you were selling some of your older clothes and if so how?

wardrobetales said...

just wanted to answer the question about selling my older clothes. i haven't sold anything in a while, but i am currently exploring opportunities to do so (nowhere near the original cost of the pieces to be sure -- just looking for a little extra pocket money). if i do settle on a way to sell my clothes, i will be sure to announce it on the blog.

Roxy said...

I just stumbled upon your blog via pinterest. Love the clothes, but since i make jewelry, I have to wonder, why no artsy fartsy jewelry??? It looks like a lot of Rundholtz, I love and have a few pieces. I make a lot of my own clothes, Tina Givens right now. Will read more of your blog later.