Sunday, June 9, 2024

week 23 new looks: just conceptual or also wearable



about some outfits (or individual pieces of clothing) i have this question: are they just conceptual? or are they also wearable? are they just for show? or can they actually be worn? i am often drawn to concept outfits (pieces of clothing), but when i acquire them and learn that they are only that, that it is not possible to wear them (realistically) on any occasion in my life,  my utilitarian side chides me something awful.

i am wearing rundholz dip 124.

1 comment:

Jen in the Goat Dairy said...

I love the grey fold-over dress in the first image. Is this one of the items you believe is "concept only," or the cropped jacket? I think that dress makes a wonderful, floaty layer that could transcend seasons (as I recall, the fabric has a substantial weight) and be extremely wearable depending on the over- or under-layer(s). I wonder: did you keep it, and have you worn it much? I would love to see it styled in more of your garment stories!