Sunday, October 31, 2021

from the wardrobetales rundholz repository (no. 20 10 01-02-05-06-07-08-09-25-31 21)














i have always found it hard to change hairstyles. the transition period -- the time between the old hairstyle and the new hairstyle -- is difficult for me to navigate. i feel like i am without a style identity. none of the clothes in my closet seem to fit me anymore and i seem months away from fitting into any new clothes -- amazing the role a hairstyle plays in my style identity. i hear and read how one should embrace each step of the transformation, but i just can't seem to do this. i remain fixated on the end point and everything short of that doesn't satisfy me -- it seems, well, not the me that i was envisioning when i made the decision to change my hairstyle.  i always seem to choose to go through the most difficult months in the transition period during the bleakest winter months, when i know i am at my most vulnerable emotionally. that said, i am not sure that any time of year would make it easier to survive those difficult months -- regardless of the degree of my emotional vulnerability. i say this with some sadness: all the beautiful rundholz clothes this a/w that i couldn't resist may just be lost on me this a/w. they will always remain beautiful on the hanger though. and of course they will be there for me when i come out the other end of this painful hair growth transition period. here is some old rundholz black label ... on the evolving me.

i am wearing rundholz black label a/w 2018 (clothes and footwear).


2 comments:

Jen in the Goat Dairy said...

I can relate to your dilemma! I had to let my haircut go during the pandemic. What was once an every two-weeks grooming experience (with part of my head shaved, part left ear-length) is now growing into something wild and strange to me. During the transition especially, it felt quite alien, and there was not much to be done except cover everything with a hat or turban. Now it is long enough to pull up in the back. And while this is not really the style I was hoping for at this point in my life's trajectory, at least it is somewhat coiffed and out of my face. I am not certain the new hairdo "works" with my Rundholz or other attire. Still, I am trying to embrace the current situation as an interesting dichotomy: a kind of granny-goes-Rundholz, out-of-the-box vibe). Wishing you all good things with your adjustment . . .

wardrobetales said...

thanks so much for sharing your experience -- it gives me strength to carry on!