Friday, December 2, 2022

new looks in october: the only wine i consume?





it has been an entire season (clothing-wise -- two seasons in "real life") since i last came into this space. the messages that were waiting for me when i came back really touched me -- thank you so very much. my vanishing was organic -- it felt right to step away and it would have felt forced to stay. i followed my gut. on the other side now, i know i made the right move. having this blog has taught me a lot about dressing/styling myself to my liking. seeing my reflection in the mirror is not the same as seeing an image of myself. i have come to value images of myself as teaching tools. but dressing/styling myself has always been about a little bit more than just physical appearance. during my season away from the blog, i really tapped into that side of dressing/styling. the past three years have been about paring down in most aspects of my life. to what really makes me me. and happy. dressing/styling was the last hold out. in that space, i think i got lost at some point. forgetting what makes me me and happy. forgetting that liking something doesn't necessarily mean that i should wear it. because i like fashion so much, it is sometimes hard to distinguish between liking something and liking something for me. the past 8 months have been about relearning this distinction. the good news: i still like rundholz. although a bit more selectively. and, as i hope i will be able to show you, i have reacquainted myself with some past traits. that said, i know that it is december, but here are some of the new looks that came into my closet in october.

p.s. i am well. i had intended to return to this space a little sooner, but, unfortunately, covid finally caught up with me, despite my best efforts to evade it. i never expected the crushing fatigue that followed for several weeks after i recovered from the acute phase of having the virus, making the journey to a full recovery from the illness a prolonged experience. but, i am well. again, thank you so very, very much for the messages of support and concern. they truly meant a great deal to me.

everything i am wearing (except for the socks) is rundholz dip 222.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m glad to see you back and hear that you are well! The wine outfits are glorious. One of my favorite Rundholz colors.

Jen in the Goat Dairy said...

So glad you are on the mend and feeling better. "Long COVID" is still not acknowledged fully, and the complete, longterm effects of the virus not understood. I wish you all good health, happiness and dapper fashion moments as we turn the corner on this year and enter into a new one. You are really rockin' that wine red and those braids! Jen