Wednesday, July 6, 2016

from the wardrobetales rundholz repository (no. 20 06 22 16)



i think that the time has come to admit, mostly to myself, that i am not always able to determine exactly how something depicted in a picture, particularly on a website, will appear "in real life". i recently purchased a cross-body bag online. i thought, based on the specifications of its size given on the shop website, that the bag would be of a particular size. when it arrived, even though its dimensions were exactly as specified, it seemed a lot smaller that i thought it would be. maybe it is that things that i want from an online shop have a larger than life presence for me and reality never lives up to my expectations.

i am wearing rundholz black label s/s 2016 (top, jacket, trousers and boots).

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, I love this outfit! I find that the size discrepancy happens to me with things I buy in brick and mortar shops! I hold something in my hands whilst out and about in the big wide world, and it seems to be smallish... When I take it out of the bag in my (rather small for six people in the western world) home, it all of a sudden takes up much more space.. Luckily, when I need to buy furniture, I measure!

wardrobetales said...

thanks for your story jessica. i never thought about the difference between how something appears in a bricks and mortar shop and how it appears in my own (also rather smallish) home. thinking about it now, since i have a preference for "voluminous" clothing, i do sometimes find that certain of this clothing is much more "voluminous" at home than in the shop. of course this is never disappointing for me!