Saturday, December 19, 2015

the secret wardrobe life of wardrobetales no. 11





i never (never) imagined that i would want to revisit a past wardrobe life. yet, here i am, doing exactly that. at this point in my life, considering my life lived to date i can recall two periods (each probably no longer than two years (three years max)) when i dressed in a way that truly expressed who i was (or wanted to be?) at that time. of course, the clothes that i wore then are long gone. (even if i still had the clothes that i wore then, i doubt that they would fit me now.) so these revisits are more tributes to past wardrobe lives than a return to those past wardrobe lives. here i am paying tribute to the first time in my life that i could recall loving my wardrobe and its fit in my life! (i also call it my "the secret garden" wardrobe life!)

6 comments:

Sue said...

I for one love your 'secret garden wardrobe' and that frock is spectacular!

wardrobetales said...

thanks, sue. i have to say that i fell in love with this dress the moment i saw it on display in the shop. i resisted trying it on ... not sure why ... the entire time that i was in the shop trying on other items. finally, i decided to give it a go. the moment i tried it on, i knew i had to have it. the best things about the dress are things that can't be seen. one: it so warm, made of two layers, the outer layer being wool. two, it is lined, the lining attached to the outer layer, so that no itchy wool ever touches the body. three: it is so comfortable. i want to live in this dress!

Jessica said...

Truly exquisite. Your story re buying it is fascinating to me; I don't think I would have eyes for anything else at all, were I to walk in to a shop and see this dress! "Secret garden wardrobe" is perfect, and it's lovely that a tribute to it fits in to your current way of dressing.

Brenda said...

I've been secretly hoping (for quite some time now) to visit Wardrobe Tales and witness this rare happening: label combining! A Les Filles D’Ailleurs dress and a Rundholz DIP pullover, with (as always) the most perfect footwear - 'Vogs in this case. This is very exciting! I considered going all out with the praise in order to possibly inspire much more of this, but hopefully the results of label combining were reward enough for you to experiment further and share your favourite results with us here.

wardrobetales said...

brenda: i am very definitely testing the label combining waters. a toe here, a toe there. trying to find my comfort zone. this particular label combination i was positively thrilled with.

Brenda said...

Also completely taken with this combination, and definitely encourage and support those toe movements! I’m in my 40’s, so will try to refrain from totally fangirling over your wardrobe, but – but! – do want to express abiding appreciation for the facility and meticulousness involved in making each selection (outfits as well as individual pieces). I'd also like to offer gratitude for the sense of ease you've brought to my own wardrobe: as much as I delight in clothes and getting dressed, perfectly normal can't-be-bothered days also happen, and on those (fortunately rare) occasions, Wardrobe Tales is the roadmap which offers a guaranteed path to presentation success with zero effort whatsoever (on my part ;)).