Tuesday, January 13, 2015

the warmest sweater ever ... sweater


every autumn/winter i get the urge to return to my buzz cut days. when i have told my hairstylist of this urge in the past, his usual response has been to ask why now? (recently, he has also been telling me that if i were to succumb, he would kill me -- which i know he doesn't mean for he and i work so well together.) i know that i get this urge in autumn/winter (as opposed to spring/summer) because i think it is easier to wear hats with a buzz cut (particularly with my very fine hair, which gets flattened to my head by a hat -- not a very flattering look). i have stuck with my hair "look" now for about two years, letting the "top know" just grow. since i first chopped my once-upon-a-time long hair short, i don't think that i have ever managed to let my hair grow for longer than a few months (a year at most). as my "top knot" grows longer, i am starting to tire of the maintenance (particularly the drying). i am very definitely a low maintenance gal when it comes to anything having to do with my look. i just thought that i would put my "hair thoughts" out there. when it comes to hair, i have been known to act on the spur of a moment. i wouldn't want to shock.

i am wearing the alpen top and the tokyo hat by kaliyana. i am also wearing a dress and trousers by grizas and a pullover by rundholz (black label). my boots are the noon boot (box collection) by trippen.

2 comments:

Sue said...

The very best thing about hair is it GROWS! So go for the buzz cut. I have had very long and very short hair. At the moment I am breaking all those when you are a certain age rules by letting it grow long again. I like being able to wear it up so it is short or just let it dangle about. I do like the hat you are wearing, buzz cut or not the hat is fabulous!

wardrobetales said...

thanks, sue. the main reason that i grew my hair out to the style that i currently wear is that i wanted the option to have long (in the only way that i could stand it) while still retaining the short option.