Friday, November 28, 2014

can't get warm enough pullover/vest


ever since winter weather arrived, i can't seem to get warm enough. i need more layers of clothing than i seem to have ever needed before (in winter weather). when i am reclining on my sofa reading or watching tv, in addition to wearing heavy wool socks and covering myself with a wool blanket, i have to tuck my wool-encased feet under a heating pad set at high -- something that i haven't had to do for many, many years. and i have pulled out my hand/wrist warmers to wear when i am reading, writing or "inputting data" on any of my "devices" (you know, my laptop, tablet or smart phone). why does winter weather seem so different this year than in years past (that i can remember)?

i am wearing the alpen top, delphi scarf and tokyo hat by kaliyana. i am also wearing a dress, a pullover/vest and trousers by grizas via kaliyana. my cardigan is by lauren vidal via kaliyana. i am wearing the noon boot (box collection) by trippen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been so much fun watching your style evolve and become more and more specific and delineated. If you wouldn't mind sharing, I'm curious as to aesthetics of what bags you carry.

Sue said...

Love that splash of colour. Our Winter was a cold wet one. Spring is all over the place at the moment, but hopefully Summer is going to be beautiful and warm.

wardrobetales said...

anonymous: i will to try to remember to include in my photos the bags that i carry. thanks for the request!

Jakki said...

I love following your blog and wait with anticipation for the next stunning outfit. I live in a warm to hot climate so am envious of the way you can layer. Dressing for the heat is not exciting. There is only so much one can do with a strappy cotton dress. Still, I can dream. My favourite label is Rundholz for clothing and of course Trippen for shoes. Thank you for your ideas and inspiration.

wardrobetales said...

thanks, jakki. the other day, i was having a conversation with a designer about layering when it is cold and layering when it is hot. we agreed that, as much as we might try to layer when it is hot, by using light fabrics, at the end of the day, it doesn't work because we still feel hot and the layers come off. one cotton layer over the body -- and preferably a dress -- is really the only way to go. rundholz is a recent addition to my wardrobe. i wish i had access to more of it!