Monday, September 8, 2014

giving new life to another old top (top)


here are some things that i wonder about. do ladies who blog actually wear the clothes that they appear in on their blogs? (for the record, i do.) do ladies who blog wear clothes that they don't feature on their blogs? do they have a secret wardrobe life (kept secret from the blogosphere that they inhabit)? (i am starting to think that i should. but then i think part of the reason i started and continue my blog is to document my changing style. if i had a secret wardrobe life, part of my style wouldn't be documented.) why ask these questions now? my realization that some shop clerks don't actually wear the clothes that they sell outside the shops in which they sell them. this seems wrong to me. when it comes to clothes, i truly believe that one shouldn't be selling something that one doesn't believe in (and wouldn't be caught dead in). that's the idealist talking. the realist knows that one takes a job for many reasons.

i am wearing the akiko top, the manifold dress and the balloon pant by kaliyana. by shoes are the till boot (cup collection) by trippen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've spent the last hour and a half browsing your blog. Your style is fantastical, unique, and shocking. I love it all. I'm inspired.

Is there a way to subscribe to your blog? Can't find.

Jenny in Utah, USA

wardrobetales said...

thanks, jenny. i have inserted a subscribe by email gadget (see under "blog archive"). i am having it tested to ensure that it works (including that it also allows for unsubscribing). if the test is successful, i will add a comment to this post to so advise. if the test is unsuccessful, i will remove the gadget (and look for an alternate solution, maybe an rss feed). please wait until the beginning of next week to use the gadget.

wardrobetales said...

just wanted to let everyone know that the subscribe by email gadget works. if you subscribe, you will receive an email when there is a new post. each email received will also contain an "unsubscribe mechanism". thanks for asking for a way to subscribe!

Jenny Wilding Cardon said...

Subscribed--thank you so much, I'm looking forward to getting your posts in my in box!

Jenny in Utah

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! Even though I've seen every entry of yours I'm happy I scrolled back and checked comments I hadn't seen. So, now I know there is this. Happily subscribed!