Saturday, January 14, 2012

Toasty Warm Fleece Leggings








The look:

turtleneck - old Gap
cardi - old Banana Republic
leggings - old MEC
beret - old
boots - old
bag - old Lululemon
parka - old Canada Goose
scarf - old H&M
mitts - old H&M

The tale:

Once upon a time, I lived in a house different than the one in which I currently live.  For reasons that are too boring to mention, I used to have to keep the thermostat turned down low in the Winter.  So I had a uniform that I wore on the weekends, consisting of black fleece leggings, a black cotton jersey turtleneck, some sort of black sweater and my black combat boots.  Every weekend, from the time Winter arrived to when it departed, I wore the uniform.  It kept me warm.  For some unknown reason, when I moved to a new place, I stopped wearing this uniform on Winter weekends.  (If I were to guess, I would say that this had something to do with the fact that the new place seems to retain heat much better than the old place did, so I don't need the uniform to keep me warm.)  In any event, today, because it was very cold outside, I decided to pull out the uniform.  I didn't need it to keep me warm inside my house, but I thought that it (and the parka) would keep me warm when I had to be outside (they did).

No comments: