Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Bigger The Better Collared Pullover





The look:

pullover - Anthropologie
scarf - old
jumper dress - old H&M
beret - old
boots - Seychelles
parka - old Canada Goose
scarf - old H&M
gloves - H&M
bag - Roots

The tale:

Do you ever have moments when you are certain that you know the reference for an outfit but you just can't put your finger on it at that moment?  For me, today was one of those moments.  I am certain there is a specific reference for what I wore today, but, for the life of me, I can't say what it is.  All day long, try as I might to come up with something, I kept coming up empty.  Maybe it will come to me three (or four or five days) hence.  As usual.  The pullover that I wore I bought on sale (super inexpensive) at Anthropologie a few weeks back.  I was about to walk away from it, when I got all sentimental about it resembling a pullover that I had (and wore to death) when I was at university and decided that I just had to have it.  I love its exaggerated collar.  It also has three cute buttons in the back on the bottom, which, of course, aren't visible in today's outfit.  (But, I have an idea to wear the sweater with my cream scallop edge woollen shorts, which would show off the buttons in the back.)  I am very glad that I got the pullover.  The knit jumper dress that I wore is turning out to be a favourite this Winter.  It is a purchase from a few years ago, and it hasn't seen much action in the past couple of years.  But this Winter, I am showing it a lot of love!

No comments: