Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Singing The Blues Plaid Dress






The look:

shirt - old Gap
dress - LLBean Signature
wool cardi - old Preloved
parka - old Canada Goose
wool beret - old
woollen gloves - H&M
boots - old LLBean Signature
bag - Roots

The tale:

This dress was a bit of a gamble, largely because all the monitors and laptops that I viewed it on showed it in a bright electric blue colour, as opposed to the closer to navy colour that it comes in "in reality", and I wasn't too keen on adding a bright electric blue coloured dress to my wardrobe (nothing wrong with the colour itself, just not one that I am wanting to wear right now).  Regardless of how it may appear on me, trust me, the colour of the dress is really close to navy.  So the gamble paid off.  The fabric of this dress is a silk/cotton flannel, which is what attracted me to the dress.  One of my favourite dresses, that I got from LLBean Signature last year, is made of the same fabric.  I wore that favourite dress a lot last Winter, because it was so warm and comfortable, so I thought that another dress in the same fabric would be similarly warm and comfortable.  Today I can attest to the warmth and comfort of the new dress.  (P.S. I will explain tomorrow, but that favourite dress that I was just speaking of will probably make an appearance soon.)

No comments: