Monday, December 26, 2011

Frothy Dress






The look:

shirt - old Gap
dress - old Susan Harris Design
cardi - Susan Harris Design
wool beret - old
chelsea boots - Cydwoq

The tale:

It has been a while since I have worn this frothy number.  I was going to say that there are limits to the ways in which I can wear this dress, but, really, are there?  I can wear it with a variety of blouses and a variety of sweaters and a variety of shoes.  Today, I wore the dress with my light grey gingham shirt.  I thought that it would work well with the grey/white/black pattern on the front of the cardi.  It's funny how everyone has her (or his) own idea of what is comfortable clothing.  A dress like this might not be everyone's idea of comfortable clothing, but it is definitely mine.  This was brought home to me this morning as I tried one okay outfit after another but until I reached this dress none that I could call comfortable.  What makes this dress comfortable?  All I can think of is:  enough layers to make it warm and nothing constricting about it.  (On a completely unrelated note, I have to say that I am enjoying the snow-free Winter we have been having so far in my home city.  From a fashion point of view, no snow means way more footwear options.  I can't imagine that there won't be any snow all Winter, but I will take as may snow-free days as are given me!)

No comments: