Monday, December 12, 2011

Bird's Eye Wool Pullover






The look:

wool crewneck pullover - old LLBean
jeans - old Lands End
coat - old UO
woollen circle scarf - old H&M
wool beret - old
gloves - H&M
chelsea boots - Cydwoq
bag - Roots

The story:

First, I purchased some sparkly clothing.  Now, I have branched out into velvet clothing.  Today, I bought a velvet skirt and a velvet dress.  What inspired this purchase of velvet?  I found myself looking over some old fashion editorials.  In one of these, there was this outfit that I just fell in love with: a velvet ruched skirt, a silk shirt and a belted woollen jacket wore with woollen tights and loafers.  I know that it doesn't sound like much, but I just fell in love with it.  I immediately remembered seeing a ruched velvet skirt at H&M, so off I went to H&M to check it out.  Lucky for me, it was still there ... and on sale.  While there, I also saw this ruched velvet dress, which I thought would work well over top my faux silk bow blouse.  And a woollen jacket.  So I decided to go for both the skirt and the dress.  Now to wear them.

No comments: