Monday, December 19, 2011

Blue Teardrop Coat







The look:

dress - old JCrew
wool open cardi - JCrew Factory
wool coat - Anthropologie
wool beret - old
gloves - H&M
chelsea boots - old Fluevogs
bag - Roots

The tale:

I ended the day feeling very blue.  From looking at my outfit today, one might be tempted to think that I  started out the day feeling very blue.  But I did not.  Could it be a case of the blueness of the clothing seeping into my being?

Let me move on to a topic less blue in feeling:  my blue chelsea boots.  I have had these blue boots for some time now.  While I loved the colour of the boots immediately I saw them, I wasn't as in love with the boots themselves.  I was somewhat uncomfortable with how wide the opening at the ankle was.  Nonetheless, I bought them, mostly because, at the time, I was sporting nothing but 60s clothing in bright, psychedelic colours and I thought that they would fit in with my look.  They sort of got lost in my closet soon after.  Now, although I am no longer wearing 60s clothing in bright, psychedelic colours, I am rediscovering the boots.  Part of the rediscovery has to do with a current preoccupation with Chelsea boots.  And, oddly, the width of the opening at the ankle no longer bothers me.  In fact, now, I love it.  Funny how things work out sometimes.  It makes me wonder whether "my gut", which leads me to buy things sometimes, knows me way better than my mind does.

No comments: