Wednesday, October 26, 2011

You Can Never Have Too Much Of A Good Thing Ankle Boots






I think that I am a pretty careful shopper, when it comes to clothes and shoes.  But every once in a while, I slip up and I miss some detail, a detail that I notice later, almost always after the time for returning the item has passed.  This morning, I put on a sweater that I bought a couple of months ago and, for the first time since getting the sweater, I realized that it had a flaw: One of the sleeves was bigger than the other.  The same thing happened last week.  I put on a pair of boots and, for the first time since getting them, I realized that they had a flaw: The tongue on one boot had a lace loop, while the tongue on the other boot did not.  The sweater flaw was slightly annoying for me, although I am not sure that anyone other than me was aware of it.  (In case you are wondering, I am not talking about the sweater that I am wearing in this post.)  The boot flaw led to some internet research, which resulted in my learning about the "button trick" to keeping the tongue from shifting to the side, as tongues on shoes and boots are sometimes wont to do when there are no lace loops.  Interesting.

I am wearing an old Zara sweater dress, an old H&M wrap cardigan, a faux shearling aviator style jacket from Joe Fresh, an old newsboy cap and fingerless mitts from H&M.  My ankle boots are old Fluevogs.  I am carrying a bag from American Apparel.

No comments: