Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Horizons Sweater






I was very happy with my coat today.  It is wool, but unlined, so it was just warm enough for the chill that was in the air and it was not in the least bit stifling.  It also seemed appropriate for the 20s look that I was going for.  I got this coat last year, but I didn't wear it that often, perhaps once, twice or thrice.  I might get more wear out of it this Fall, for, as I discovered today, it seems to fit (at least in my mind) with a 20s theme.  And, I am working with this theme a lot these days.

Since it turned cold today, I spent some time putting away most of my Summer hats and taking out some of my Fall/Winter hats.  The Summer hats that survived the changeover include the black cotton newsboy cap that I wore yesterday, the cloche hat that I wore today and my cotton knit beret.  I expect I will continue to wear them at least until the end of October (and, perhaps, into November) before I have to switch to their wool counterparts.

I am wearing a skirt from Madewell, an old Gap tshirt, an old Zara sweater, an old H&M scarf, an old H&M coat, old H&M gloves and an old Nine West cloche hat.  My boots are old Fluevogs.  I am carrying a Roots bag.

No comments: