Friday, September 23, 2011

On The Edge Of Fall Jumper Dress




I feel as if I should explain why I keep wearing these long-ish jumper dresses.  Then I think, why explain?  Aren't clothes meant to be worn?  And, really, how many people in real life notice what I am wearing from day to day?  On the blog, it is obvious that I am, in effect, wearing the same thing over and over again.  But, in real life, is it obvious?  To anyone other than me?  So, maybe, the explanation is intended for my blog audience ... and me.  Okay, now that I have figured out why I feel compelled to explain my clothing choices of late, here is the explanation:  I don't want to make tights a necessary part of my getting dressed just yet.  But it isn't really warm enough any longer for me to go bare legs with short skirts.  So the long jumper dresses are my attempt to not wear tights and to keep warm.  Simple.

I am wearing an old Gap shirt with an old Gap tie, a linen jumper dress from a local arts and crafts import shop and an old Zara jacket.  An old linen and wool blend scarf is wrapped around my neck and an old Nine West cloche hat is on my head.  I am wearing Fluevogs and carrying an old Roots cotton canvas satchel.

2 comments:

Stef / Diversions said...

Love your shoes! Very gangster in a good way :D

wardrobetales said...

Thanks, Stef. You have just given me a whole new perspective on the shoes and what I can wear them with. I like that! Thanks!!!!