Monday, September 12, 2011

A New Cotton Canvas Satchel




I thought long and hard before getting the black cotton canvas satchel from Roots.  I thought that it was too similar to the khaki cotton canvas souvenir satchel that I have been carrying lately.  There is definitely a similarity between the two bags, but the black one is considerably larger than the khaki one and, because of that, I am glad that I did decide to get it.  I am currently reading a hard cover book. (Yes, that's right.  An actual book.  And, a hard cover one, not a soft cover one.  I have not as yet entered the world of the ipad -- or any other tablet -- although I think that I would like to enter that world.)  With this particular book, all my stuff fits much better in the black bag.  With the khaki bag, the book has to go into my back pack.  Fine, but not easily accessible, for quick reads, which I like to indulge in, particularly when waiting for transit, or on transit, or while having a solitary tea.

I am wearing an old Eddie Bauer cotton polo sweater, cotton jersey dhoti pants from American Apparel and an old H&M wool cardigan.  Fluevogs are on my feet and a cotton knit beret from American Apparel is on my head.  I am carrying a cotton canvas satchel from Roots (purchased at the end of this past Winter).

No comments: