Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Contemplative Mood Dress





I don't know whether I should put this down to "growing old":  I seem to be wanting fewer and fewer clothes.  I am happier and happier with the clothes that I already have.  I am not saying that I am not shopping, because I am, but I am buying less and thinking through my purchases more.  In the past, this was a time of year of frenzied buying.  Not this year.  This year, I would rather buy a few really new and "classic" pieces than multiple new pieces that are really repeats of things that I already have.  Do you suppose it is "aging" that is responsible for this "mature" approach to buying clothes?

I am wearing an old Eddie Bauer cotton knit sweater under an old jumper dress and a versatile sweater from Jacob.  Keeping me warm is an old Anthropologie jacket, an old JCrew scarf wrapped around my neck and a cotton knit beret from American Apparel covering my head.  Old Fluevogs are on my feet and I am carrying an old Roots cotton canvas satchel.

No comments: