Monday, August 15, 2011

Taking The Pledge Dress






What I am about to relate only ever happens in the Summer.  One day, on my way to work, I notice that the air is different.  There is a cool edge to it.  This is the day when I acknowledge that another Summer will come to an end.  Perhaps not for several weeks yet, but eventually it will.  Until that day (of acknowledgement) arrives, I go about my life very much in the presence only of Summer:  It is hot.  It is steamy.  It is sunny.  It is Summer.  Nothing else, no other season, exists.  But when that day of acknowledgement arrives, a little shift happens inside me.  Outwardly, it manifests itself in the clothes that I pick to wear.  All of sudden, tops and dresses that bare my shoulders just don't feel comfortable any more.  And certain styles of shorts also feel odd.  This Summer that day of acknowledgement arrived today.

P.S.  Yes, that is last Summer's favourite jacket that I wore today.  For me, the best part of the jacket is the back of the collar.  I wish that there was something that I could do to make it visible from the front.  A twirl every step or two?

No comments: