Sunday, August 14, 2011

On The Fringe Top




This afternoon, before I left the house, I took a peek outside to see if anyone was carrying an umbrella.  Immediately before, it had grown dark, and rain having been forecast for the day, I had wondered if it had already started raining.  I saw one person walking under an umbrella, so I grabbed mine and headed outdoors.  By the time I reached the street, the rain had stopped, and it didn't return until many hours after I had returned home.  I always tell people that if I decide to carry an umbrella, because rain is called for, the chances are pretty good that I won't get to use it, that I will just be lugging it around with me.  On the other hand, if I decide not to carry an umbrella, guaranteed I will get caught in a downpour.  Oh, the vagaries of the weather.  One thing is for sure, though, I always worry about my shoes when it rains, and I would really like to stop doing so.  After all, no matter what, I don't think any of the shoes that I own will melt if they are touched by water!

No comments: