Friday, August 5, 2011

Blue Circle Skirt




Yesterday, I felt a tad strange? guilty? conspicuous? because I wore the same skirt that I wore on Wednesday.  I did not feel strange? guilty? conspicuous? because I wore the same jacket (or because I wore the same glasses or carried the same bag).  Strange isn't is how I think it is taboo to wear only certain pieces of clothing on back to back days.  Not that my thinking stops me from doing so, although doing so is sometimes accompanied by slightly squeamish feelings.

But on to more interesting topics, like my Dear Creatures package, which I did manage to secure on Wednesday.  (Incidentally, why is it that clothes packages shipped from far away are somewhat stinky when you open them up?  Not a pleasant thing to say, I know, but just relating my experience.  I always need to air out the clothes.  The odour dissipates quickly, but still ... .)  I couldn't be more delighted with all my acquisitions.  There were jackets, blouses and a dress.  They all fit and they met (if not exceeded) my expectations of them based on photographs of them (and of models wearing them).  Despite the customs/duties "problem" of shopping Dear Creatures online, I just may be a repeat customer (sooner rather than later if the sneak peeks of the Fall/Winter collection are anything to go by).  It is so nice to be able to have clothes that one likes!

And speaking of clothing that one likes, I saw some photos the other day of the Fall/Winter 2011 collection of the Orla Kiely diffusion line Olive and Orange.  I liked the Orla Kiely Fall/Winter 2011 collection, the Olive and Orange collection made me just swoon.  You can see the photos on Olive and Orange's facebook page.

1 comment:

Stef / Diversions said...

Such a lovely blouse :) You look great! You know, from now on I am going to sniff all my airmail packages suspiciously - I'd never noticed (excluding one stinky/dirty etsy purchase yuck!) :D