Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Dubious Dress





It is a rare occasion when I wear a piece of jewellery.  I don't think of myself as a jewellery person, not because I don't like jewellery (I adore jewellery and I love shopping for it), but because I don't think I know how to wear jewellery.  Every once in a while, I give jewellery a go.  I have some favoured pieces -- a sterling silver floral pin comes to mind.  When I do wear jewellery, it is usually one piece at a time.  For example, a necklace (or a few necklaces), a ring (or a few rings), a brooch/pin (one at a time) or (very rarely) earrings.  I never combine pieces.  This is where the not knowing how to wear jewellery comes in.  I don't know how to build a "jewellery outfit".  I suppose I could try to learn, but I just can't be bothered at this moment in my life.  I like being a jewellery minimalist.

No comments: