Friday, June 3, 2011

The Summertime Plaid Shirt



Today I went back to my "old" quiet self, wearing blue (mostly in the form of denim) with a hint of black.  While I may have been "quiet" in dress today, I was (and am) anything but quiet in mood.  In fact, I was (and am) excited.  Last week, I took a leap of faith and ordered my very first TBA dress.  The leap of faith was in believing that it would make its way to me, as the shipper of the dress -- not residing in the country in which I reside -- disclaimed all responsibility for customs and duties and the like.  I have never before ordered from a place (outside of my country of residence) that doesn't look after customs and duties and the like.  In any event, the dress arrived ... yesterday ... sort of.  By "sort of", I mean that it is sitting at the post office waiting for me to come by and claim it by paying the requisite duties.  I plan on doing this tomorrow.  I am soooo excited to get it.  I have lusted after this dress ever since I first saw it.  In addition to the TBA dress arriving, my Madewell package also arrived, causing even more excitement in my household.  I was excited to get Madewell's Belladonna skirt.  But, never having ordered from Madewell before, I was concerned about getting the right size.  I was thrilled to discover that I got the right size ... and that the skirt was exactly what Madewell says about it -- "incredibly soft and easy-to-wear."  I am really looking forward to wearing it and turning it into my "secret wardrobe weapon".  I hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff about parcels awaiting you and just arrived :) Love the skirt you're wearing - awesome shape!