Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Sailor Sweater




Today it struck me how I am no longer bothered by having to spend gloriously warm days in a frigidly cold office.  (Okay, maybe still bothered but not as bothered as I used to be.)  In large part, this is due to the fact that a frigidly cold office affords me the opportunity to wear more clothes.  How can that possibly make me unhappy?  (The still bothered part comes from the fact that I have to lug around the extra clothes that I need inside but not outside.)  Today's extra clothing came in the form of a ribbed cotton sailor sweater.  I have had this sweater for ages and I love it as much today as I did those many years ago when it first came into my life.  Not every piece of clothing has such staying power, but I am happy that there are many pieces of clothing that do.

No comments: