Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Flapper Dress




The other day, while strolling through the blogosphere, I happened upon an interview given some time ago by one mainstream-media-declared style icon.  In this interview, the style icon was asked whether there were outfits that she had worn in the past that she had loved at the time but that now made her cringe.  The style icon replied every outfit other than the one that she was wearing at the moment.  She went on to explain that she thought that one could never be happy with something that one wore before and that she was happiest when she was in the present moment.  I think that I couldn't agree more.  Which brings me to what I wore today.  While I may not be happy with the outfit that I wore today after today, I was definitely happy with it today, when I wore it.  One of things that I liked most about the outfit is that, aside from the bag, its components are all "old" things, things that have been in my closet for at least a year (and some things for a very long time). I always feel very self-disciplined and frugal when I wear things that have been in my closet for years (or at least one year).  And right now, in the present moment, being self-disciplined and frugal makes me happy.

1 comment:

Iz bakinog ormara said...

I think this outfit could be my uniform, it's chic but not pretentitous, sth to put on when in hurry but be confident it works.