Thursday, April 28, 2011

Walking On Kilimanjaro




I used to know someone who, with her partner, travelled twice a year to what I would call exotic locations.  Her travels were truly adventurous and those of us who were less adventurous than or less capable of being as adventurous as her lived vicariously through her.  Sadly, I don't know what became of her.  The shoes that I wore yesterday made me think of her.  The shoes are named "Kilimanjaro".  The shoes reminded me of my adventurous friend because she is the only one I know who might be in a position to say that she walked on the actual (Mount) Kilimanjaro.  I suspect that the Kilimanjaro that I walked on today will be the only Kilimanjaro that I will ever walk on.

1 comment:

Iz bakinog ormara said...

love the flapper vibe here.great!