Monday, April 18, 2011

New Drawer Hardware








Every once in a while, I get this desire to change the decor in my place.  Usually, to sate the desire, I simply re-arrange the furniture (which sometimes proves hazardous if one has become used to the existing placement of furniture).  Less frequently, I actually acquire something new for the home (furniture, lighting, bric-a-brac).  This past weekend, I decided to change the hardware on the doors and drawers in my kitchen and to change the drawer pulls on the chest of drawers in the bedroom.  I also wanted to add some new bric-a-brac to the house (one of those old gynmasium clocks protected from errant balls of all sorts by a wire cage and an old chalkboard from a train station) but I didn't get around to doing that (I hope both pieces are still around when I go for them later this week).  It was fun creating a slightly different home space.  Now I am enjoying it.

1 comment:

Stef / Diversions said...

Little changes can make such a world of difference :) It really makes me look again when I move stuff around or arrange something differently. The curse of familiarity! ;)

Love the layering!