Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Grandpa Loafer






After seeing the Margaret Howell and Thom.Dolan Spring/Summer 2011 collections, I began coveting the grandpa loafer.  (I also began coveting the grandpa oxford shoe, but this post isn't titled "The Grandpa Oxford Shoe", so I will leave that hankering for a future post.)  The grandpa loafer differs from an ordinary woman's loafer (say a GHBass penny loafer) in that it is chunkier, more substantial and more man-nish.  If you have seen the Margaret Howell and Thom.Dolan Spring/Summer 2011 collections, and fell in love with them, you will agree that the grandpa loafer is the perfect foil for a shirtdress.  I was definitely over the moon when I discovered the, in my opinion, most perfect grandpa loafer at my favourite purveyor of footwear (otherwise known as John Fluevog).  Of course, the truth is this most perfect grandpa loafer is a genuine grandpa loafer.  One advantage of wearing a large size women's shoe is being able to easily slip into a small size men's shoe.  I love my grandpa loafer!

No comments: