Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Everything's Coming Up Roses Jeans





I do know that the jeans trend right now is flared (bell-bottomed) and down to the ground.  Sadly, I have never liked the down to the ground (what I call the picking up dirt) length on my jeans.  Where jeans are concerned, I have always been a cropped length type of girl.  And, as much as I may like the flared (bell-bottomed) jeans, I don't think that they would look so good cropped.  So I guess you won't be seeing flared (bell-bottomed) jeans on me.  I found the jeans that I wore today at the back of my closet a couple of weeks ago (when I was doing yet another paring down of my wardrobe).  I remember liking them when I first got them (this was some time ago now), and I still like them.  It's the embroidery on them.  It makes all the difference in the world to me. And, speaking of liking things, I simply adore my jacket.  I bought it at the Spring One of a Kind show.  I fell in love with it the moment that I saw it.  I had just seen True Grit (the 1969 version) and I remember thinking how very "True Grit-ty" the jacket was:  I could picture Kim Darby's character wearing it.  It was an extravagant purchase, to be sure.  But I don't regret it one bit.

1 comment:

Stef / Diversions said...

very true grit-ty indeed :) Awesome!

Love the embroidery too, especially paired with all the red :)