Monday, March 14, 2011

The Sad Story Jacket





There is a sad story behind the jacket that I wore today.  It has to do with a grosgrain ribbon belt that was supposed to have come with the jacket but that disappeared before the jacket arrived on my doorstep and my efforts to have the company that sold me the jacket locate (or replace) that missing grosgrain ribbon belt.  I suppose that I should have returned the jacket the moment that I realized the belt was missing, but, liking it, I chose to keep it.  A couple of weeks ago, I resigned myself to the fact that the company that sold me the jacket was probably not going to come through with a replacement grosgrain ribbon belt.  So I went out and purchased some grosgrain ribbon and made a belt of it for the jacket.  The colour of the grosgrain ribbon doesn't perfectly match the colour of the jacket, but, for now, my grosgrain ribbon belt works.

2 comments:

Stef / Diversions said...

Awesome plaid and DIY belt too - looks great with the jacket :)

wardrobetales said...

Thanks Stef/Diversions! :)